Friday, March 27, 2009

January 2011



We got our new post assignment-
JERUSALEM

We will finish our time in Guatemala next January, take 6 weeks of home leave, then head to Washington DC for 10 months of Hebrew language training.

I am trying hard to keep focusing on Spanish, although I want to start checking out the Hebrew alphabet.
I am particularly excited because I want to buy some of these:



This is a Yad, or Torah pointer. It is used to help you keep your place (see the pointing finger on the end?) as you read the Torah from right to left. Yads can be very plain, embellished, ancient...I think they are cool. I will be in the perfect location to start a collection.

We are excited, although we won't be going for 2 years.

!MAZEL TOV!


4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow-what an adventure you have awaiting you. I can't believe you will be moving so far away. We will miss you.

Sarita said...

So very exciting. Something that my Joel aspires to do someday actually. But first we will focus on him graduating law school in a few weeks. :)

Also, I need an address for you so I can send a wedding announcement! And for your kids. I think Staci's is the only one I have.

Email me if you can saritajones@gmail.com. Take care.

Kristin said...

How exciting! I have always wanted to go to Jerusalem although I am probably to wimpy to go anytime soon...maybe when the kids are grown. How long to you go for? Enjoy and congratulations!

Greergabfest said...

Dear Marlan & Tina,
What a wonderful new assignment!! That is where we have wanted to go visit for such a long time. Sorry we haven't kept in touch - not sure where the time has gone.
We are all surviving life and even enjoying it at times. The grandkids are well and Allison is pregnant again - due in September. Jessica had another boy back in October. His name is Chase and he weighed in at 9 lbs 5 oz. What a joy.
We miss you both and hope to see you when you come to the states this next Christmas.
Love
Robert and Candace